In a recent design project within her own home, Carly put to use her interior design skills and knack for home decor to recreate her young son’s bedroom. Through the design process the space tastefully evolved from simple white walls to boyhood sophistication. With the use of a faded blue colour on the walls, custom woodgrain furniture, and multi-functional pieces throughout, the room is the perfect place for a boy to grow. Now all of his studies, play time, and hang outs are easily done in his own stylish bedroom.
Carly chose to use wall decals and a duvet cover as design accents to create a playful space to help nurture the liveliness of a young boy’s mind. To form balance and have the room stand the test of time, the more sophisticated furniture was brought to hold the room at its core. The classy fun bedroom is now a place that will be enjoyed loved for many years.
Get the look to create your child’s bedroom:
(2) Football Stickers Walldeco.co.uk
(3) Bed Dartmouth High Foot End Bed (made in UK)
(4) Duvet Essenza Matthieu Duvet Set
(5) Side table and stool Tulip collection designed by Saarinen made by Knoll
(6) Pool table Riley from John Lewis
(7) Flooring Oak stained grey from Wooden Flooring Company (local)
(8) Wall Paint Oval Room Blue by Farrow and Ball (bought from local F&B shop)
(9) Wardrobe and desk (designed by Carly) Made by Carly’s talented carpenter from ‘One Off Oak’ (local)