This week our “7 Things” are inspired by the NYC Architectural Digest Home Show. Nicole, our scout in New York, walked the show and found some fantastic modern/minimal designs. Follow the show on Instagram @addesignshowat.
I also made sure I made it to Chelsea Harbour for London Design Week, although I was devastated to miss the amazing workshop hosted by Fromental in conjunction with Gainsborough Silks. Did you go?
- STUDIO LENA PETERSEN | ART DESIGN ILLUSTRATION | ART MEETS INTERIOR DESIGN | BERLIN + HANOVER BASED: an inspired Instagram account full of graphic, high-contrast patterns and clever artwork.
2. SIMPLICITY IS THE ULTIMATE SOPHISTICATION | Could not possibly agree more! Minimal interior spaces with classic, iconic furniture that is artfully arranged is always modern and sophisticated. Simplicity is far from simple.
3. EMLEIN TEXTILE WORKS | BASKETWEAVE THROW BLANKETS: hand-finished made of gently felted organic fine grade merino wool [locally dyed + spun] that is hand-woven in New England by Martin Emlein.
4. ABEL & COLE | “Delivers organic, ethically sourced boxes of brilliance straight to your door. Choose the perfect weekly organic fruit + veg for you then add a recipe + fish, meat or snack boxes to complete your weekly shop.”
5. WHITECHAPEL GALLERY | Barjeel Art Foundation Collection Imperfect Chronology: Debating Modernism II now on exhibit. Barjeel Art Foundation is one of the most significant collections of 20th century Arab art in the world, the paintings and works on paper show how social change impacts on art.
6. AFFORDABLE ART FAIR | BATTERSEA: British Artist Nick Bodimeade
7. ARCHITECTURAL DIGEST DESIGN SHOW | PIERS 92 & 94 MARCH 17th – 20th: Exhibitor Luke Lamp Co.