My absolute favourite thing from this week has of course been the amazing new rug in the showroom – the Tidal rug designed by David Rockwell for The Rug Company that I showed you on Wednesday, but I haven’t spent the whole week just sitting there gazing at it, tempting as that was! Here are some of the highlights of my week – I hope that they will inspire you in the week to come.
1. I love raw, fresh juices, and Presscription make the best ones of all. Luckily for me, they are stocked right beside my gym, but they also ship all over the UK.
2. Running in my Kangoo Jumps boots in Primrose Hill with a trainer is the most exciting thing I have done this Spring. Not for the shy (you will be stared at!) it gives you a workout like no other – my legs ached the next day.
3. Anya Hindmarch Smiley Maxi Ebury. I love Anya Hindmarch – so smart and cool. This bag ticks all my boxes for running about – it’s sporty and fun, and big enough for all my bits and pieces on the school run.
4. Chelsea Davine is an unbelievably talented artist, born in London, raised in Lyme Regis and now living in Barcelona. I love her extraordinary textures and materials. You can see her work at The Russell Gallery.
5. The Hampstead Butcher is my favourite local butcher and delicatessen – I find myself in there at least once a week, and I never leave empty-handed. They also do fantastic catering for parties.
6. The Black Boy in Winchester is my favourite pub outside London – their fun, quirky interior, friendly atmosphere and fantastic food have brought me back a hundred times.
7. Confession – this week I’m in Thailand staying at the amazing Indigo Pearl resort in Phuket. I have family in Australia, and Thailand is where we often meet, staying, when I’m very lucky, here. It is so beautifully designed – just look at the lobby! Every detail is perfect.